- Please play out the season, even if your team sucks. A league with dead teams is no fun.
- Your team name must be clever. "Team Johnson" is lame (unless you mean it as a double entendre)
- Trash talk is fine, but don't get personal. This is for fun, not creating enemies.
- Have fun.
And here's the scoring
- Live draft, snake fashion
- Head-to-head (because rotisserie is bland)
- Ten-team leagues, depending on number of responses (if we get 48 entrants, we'll just go with four 12-team leagues, etc.)
- Waiver system for free agents
- Daily transactions (10 moves per week limit)
- 29 roster spots. They are as follows:
Corner Infielder (1B/3B)
Middle Infielder (2B/SS)
Outfield (5 slots)
Utility (2 slots)
Starting Pitcher (5 spots)
Relief Pitcher (4 spots)
Pitcher (2 spots)
Bench (4 spots)
DL (2 spots)
- There are ten scoring categories (five offense, five pitching) They are:
Runs created (runs + RBI)
Net stolen bases
Saves + holds
The scoring categories are not traditional, but I chose those ones because I feel it more reflects what is valuable in actual baseball. While the categories may be different, it shouldn't really change strategy a whole lot; you still just want good players. So if you are interested, let me know. And once again, have fun.
BASEBALL, YOU GUYS.